Happy What I Ate Wednesday to you!
First things first: Yesterday I launched the #plankadayinmay challenge, that begins Monday, May 6th! Make sure you email me at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, May 5th before midnight if you’d like to participate. There IS a prize at the end of the challenge, so you probably want to get in on this!
Alright, so I know WIAW is supposed to be meals you eat in one day, but for my posts, I include a bunch of meals from the past week, so let’s get started, shall we?
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps using a modified version of this recipe from SkinnyTaste. I skipped out on the whole crock-pot part, and just cooked the chicken in boiling chicken broth, some buffalo sauce, carrots and celery. I also spread a Laughing Cow Bleu Cheese wedge on the lettuce leaf before putting the chicken on. These were sooo yummy!
Leftover Buffalo chicken on a bed of romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and a hard boiled egg white. For the dressing I whisked together a Laughing Cow Bleu Cheese Wedge with Red Wine Vinegar, and a little bit of olive oil. The cheese wedge gave it that extra creaminess I miss in my creamy dressings, without all the calories!
Tilapia topped with some Italian seasonings and Heirloom tomatoes w/ Asparagus and Balsamic-Honey Glazed Carrots
Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries, and almonds all over greek yogurt (It’s under there somewhere).
Coconut-pineapple glazed salmon with toasted cashews. On the side, one of the Fake Pasta Primavera recipes, which you can find at the end of this post.
Spinach, red peppers, tomatoes, cukes, broccoli and leftover salmon, dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Another Fake-Out Pasta Primavera recipe!
Spinach with cucumbers, red peppers, tomatoes, all tossed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and dijon mustard. On the side, Sonoma Chicken Salad.
Steel-cut oats topped with berries, walnuts and honey.
Ingredients (Serves 4 as a side dish):
- 2 Green Zucchinis, spiralized into spaghetti shapes
- About 1 head of Broccoli
- 1 cup or so of Peas (I used frozen)
- 1/3 c. coconut milk
- Pepper, Oregano, Basil, Parsley, Garlic Powder
- Bring coconut milk and spices to a simmer in a large pan.
- Add spiralized zucchini, peas, and broccoli.
- Let cook for about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shredded parmesan cheese if you so desire!
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 2 Zucchinis, spiralized into spaghetti
- About 15 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 heads of broccoli, chopped
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips.
- 1 c. mushrooms
- 1/4 c. chopped yellow onion
- drizzle of olive oil
- fresh crushed garlic
- pepper, basil, oregano
- Heat olive oil, onions garlic, basil and oregano over low heat.
- In a separate pan, heat another drizzle of olive oil, and add chicken.
- In the pan with the spices and onion, add the zucchini, broccoli, and mushrooms.
- Once chicken is cooked thru, add the chicken to the zucchini. Also at this time, add the tomatoes.
- Top with shredded parmesan cheese if you so desire!