Bathing suit season is creeping up on us right? I can’t believe tomorrow is May 1st already. I’ve been contemplating doing this challenge for awhile, and figuring out the best way to do it. But finally, I’ve come up with a solid plan.
Starting Monday, May 6th, the challenge will begin.
Here are the rules:
1. On or by Sunday, May 5th, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your current time that you can hold a plank for, your name (first name and last initial is fine), and blog URL (if applicable).
2. On Monday, May 6th, I will post a list of all “competitors” and their starting time (keep in mind this is a friendly competition!)
3. Each participant should perform a plank a day and keep track of your time each day. Every Sunday by midnight, I ask that you e-mail me at email@example.com again, with your new plank time, your name, and blog URL (if applicable).
4. The following Monday, I will post an update with the amount of time that everyone has increased since their first plank time given to me on May 6th, so you can see how you’re doing compared to others.
5. The contest will continue for three weeks, so on Monday, May 27th, I will, again, post everyone’s improvement time since May 6th. The winner will also be announced this day. The winner is the person who has improved the most from May 6th – so whoever had the biggest increase in their time (not the person who can plank the longest).
6. There will be a small prize of fitness related items awarded to the winner!
I thought this would be a nice way to motivate each other and get those abs in shape for Summer!
If you’d like to chat about the challenge with others involved or maybe even tweet your time each day to hold yourself accountable, you can hashtag #plankadayinmay
Remember, if you’d like to participate in the challenge, I need the following emailed to me by midnight, May 5th:
1. Your current amount of time you can hold a plank for.
2. Your name
3. Blog name, if you have one.
This is going on the honor system here. Don’t cheat yourself!