I came home last night to some presents! It felt like Christmas!
1. The incredibly nice people at Chobani sent me some of their new ‘bites’ to try!
2. I haven’t made this announcement yet, but I am going to be a diet-to-go ambassador for the next 6 months! Since when I got home, the food was already packed in the freezer, I could not get a picture of it. Who wants to see a picture of frozen food anyway?
I’m excited to try these out and share my review of these with you!
3. Another announcement: I also have become a Chick’d Ambassador! More to come on this later, but for now – I got to pick two clothing items from their collection. I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of these items! LOVE getting new gym apparel! You will definitely be hearing a lot more about this soon!
4. Alright this stuff I actually paid for, so it’s not so much a present, but it was still wonderful to come home to another package! My Nike order came in!
Raw Brownie Balls
I prepped these on Sunday, and everyone seems excited to try them (which surprised me because they don’t look like the most appetizing thing to me), so I’m sharing the recipe today! These are great for an after-dinner treat or if you’re ever really craving chocolate (like that ever happens!) Usually one does the trick and I’m satisfied. The first time I tried one, I was shocked by how similar it was to a brownie. Ingredients:
- 13-14 pitted dates
- 1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 c. walnuts
- 1/2 t. vanilla extract
- Extra cocoa powder or confectioner’s sugar to roll coat (Optional)
- Blend the walnuts in a food processor.
- Add the pitted dates, followed by the vanilla extract and cocoa powder.
- Add a little bit of water until the mix starts to form into what looks like dough, and it’s sticking together.
- Role into little ball shapes. You can then coat them in more cocoa powder or confectioners sugar, or more chopped nuts if you’d like.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours before eating, so they harden and really stick together. Keep stored in the refrigerator.
I hope you try these! They’re great to keep around in your fridge and they last a really long time too!
I’m off to the gym, and then later today, I actually have a photo shoot with my local newspaper for being a ‘workout achiever’! Woo-hoo!