Yesterday morning, I was feeling creative, and decided to pass on my regular oats. Instead, I went for french toast stuffed with strawberry goodness!
Strawberries & Cream Laughing Cow wedge
2 slices of bread (I used Weight Watchers Rye)
1. In a shallow dish, combine egg whites, almond milk and vanilla.
2. Soak each piece of bread on both sides in the egg mixture.
3. Place in a pre-greased pan over medium heat. Flip when that side is starting to brown.
4. When both sides have been cooked remove from the pan, and spread each piece of bread with the strawberries and cream wedge. Top one piece of bread with thinly sliced strawberries.
5. Place the other piece of bread on top to make a sandwich, and place back in the pan. When the cheese starts to melt and ooze out, remove from pan. Top with strawberries, powdered sugar, syrup, nut butter, etc, and enjoy!
My mom also made stuffed french toast but hers was made with more of a blueberry flavor. Instead of the strawberries and cream Laughing Cow wedge, she used the regular cream cheese Laughing Cow wedge and Bilberry fruit spread as her stuffing.
They were yummmmyyyy!