I told you guys yesterday that I was feeling creative and to keep an eye out for a new recipe…well, here it is! Blueberry Maple Granola. My mom came home from work last night, tried it and freaking walked away with it! Needless to say I will be making a lot more this weekend!
Blueberry Maple Granola (Makes about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 c. rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 1/4 c. raw sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup raw almonds (chopped)
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries
- 1 T. Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 T. Honey
- 1 1/2 T. Coconut oil (melted)
- 1 Egg White
- 1 t. Light Brown Sugar
- 1 t. Vanilla extract
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1. Combine the oats, almonds, sunflower seeds in a medium size bowl.
- 2. In a smaller bowl, combine maple syrup, coconut oil, egg white, brown sugar, and honey and whisk ingredients together.
- 3. Pour maple syrup mixture over the oat mixture, and stir to coat oats evenly.
- 4. Spread evenly onto a baking sheet.
- 5. Bake at 300 degrees for 25 minutes.
- 6. When done baking, put granola in a bowl and add the blueberries.
**When you take the granola out of the oven, it will still be chewy. After cooling, the granola will become crispy.**
Now that the good stuff is out, down to business. I’m looking to buy a new pair of running shoes. I have always gotten Nike’s. My last pair was the Nike Free Run’s which is a minimalist shoe. I really like how lightweight they are. I have seen a lot of other brands – some that I have never even heard of before – through bloggers lately…Reebok being a big one. I run mostly on the treadmill and run about 15-20 miles a week. Does anyone have any suggestions or a brand that they are partial to?
And lastly, I will leave you with this picture of Sadie. Apparently it’s comfortable to rest your head against a wooden coffee table.
I’m off to the gym and a doctor’s appointment later today. Catch ya later!