Long time, no talk right? Boy have I been busy! On the bright side, one of the things that has been keeping me busy is trying out lots of new recipes!
As I’m writing this I’m on a bus back to PA for my long weekend, plus Presidents’ Day. I only have classes Monday through Wednesday. It’s nice having such a short week but the other days in the week are filled with work. So this is the first bit of free time I am getting to share more recipes. I also have more workouts to share, so lots to come!
Alright down to business…lets talk pizza. I haven’t had pizza in about 6 months. I’ve been seeing a lot of recipes for cauliflower pizza crusts lately so I thought I’d give it a shot.
I decided to make a barbecue chicken pizza out of mine.
– 1 head of cauliflower, riced using food processor
– 1 egg, beaten
– 1 T. Grated Parmesan
– 1/4 c. Low fat shredded mozzarella
– low sodium pizza sauce
– 1 chicken breast
– 2 T. worsteshire sauce
– clove of crushed garlic
– 1 T. chopped red onion
– drop of honey
– fat free shredded mozzarella cheese
– fat free shredded cheddar cheese
– fresh basil leaves
– sliced red onion
1. Combine cauliflower, egg, parm, mozzarella, basil and oregano in a bowl to form the ‘dough’
2. Form into a pizza crust on a baking tray or pizza tray and put it in the oven for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
3. Meanwhile combine the worsted hire sauce, garlic, chopped red onion, honey in a small bowl. This is the marinade for your chicken.
4. Cook the marinated chicken breast with the sauce on the stove. When it is done, cut into cubes.
5. Once the pizza crust is done, top the crust with sauce, both mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese, chicken, basil leaves,
6. Put the pizza back in the oven at 375 until cheese is melted or if you’re like me, a liiiittle bit burnt on top.
I drizzled a little bit of BBQ sauce on top of mine too!